COUNTDOWN BEGINS TO THE REVEAL OF THE BEST BRITISH CAR EVER AT CLASSIC & SPORTS CAR – THE LONDON SHOW
· With a just a week to go until Classic & Sports Car – The London Show, the wraps will soon come off the Best British Car Ever at Alexandra Palace
· Sponsored by car care and valeting specialist, Autoglym, the Best British Car Ever centerpiece will feature 10 iconic British cars
· Following a worldwide vote, the winner will be revealed at the show at Alexandra Palace
· Classic & Sports Car – The London Show will feature 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars with a celebration of Aston Martin in partnership with EFG International, display of Sir Stirling Moss single-seaters and an Interview Stage featuring Ross Brawn OBE and Ant Anstead among many celebrity guests from the world of motoring and motorsport
· Inaugural show will take place from 30th October to 1st November 2015 at Alexandra Palace, further information and tickets available at www.classicandsportscarshow.com
London, 22nd October
It’s the question that car enthusiasts have been arguing over since the invention of the internal combustion engine – what is the best British car ever made? Finally, they will have an answer at the inaugural Classic & Sports Car – The London Show.
Held at Alexandra Palace from 30th October to 1st November, the event will feature a £30m centrepiece display, sponsored by car care and valeting specialist Autoglym, featuring the top ten British cars. And one of these famous icons will be revealed as the Best British Car Ever, thanks to a global poll by Classic & Sports Car magazine in association with Autoglym.
Earlier this year, Classic & Sports Car – the world’s best-selling classic car magazine – asked a jury of more than 100 motoring experts, including McLaren F1 designer Gordon Murray, Lotus head of design Russell Carr and former Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason, to come up with the shortlist of 10 cars. Their nominations ranged from the affordable car that put the nation on wheels, the Austin Seven, to the McLaren F1, the most uncompromised high-performance car ever built.
For stage two that shortlist (which also included the original Range Rover, Lotus Seven, Jaguar XKSS, Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, Ford GT40, Mini Cooper, Bentley Speed Six and Jaguar E-type) was put to a worldwide public poll. And thousands cast their votes.
The climax to this massive six-month-long process will come in just a week’s time at Alexandra Palace when, on 30th October, Classic & Sports Car – The London Show opens its doors to the public for the first time and finally reveals the Best British Car Ever.
James Elliott, Classic & Sports Car magazine group editor, said: "Revealing the Best British Car Ever will certainly be one of the event’s biggest highlights. Every car in the top ten is an icon and worthy of winning overall – but there can only be one victor. It’s very fitting that a great British brand like Autoglym wanted to be involved with the celebration of our country’s iconic motoring heritage and we look forward to welcoming visitors to pay homage to it with us at Alexandra Palace.”
Classic & Sports Car – The London Show will feature more than 300 of the world’s most prestigious classic cars from world-famous collectors and world-renowned classic car retailers. Organised by Classic & Sports Car, the world’s best-selling classic car magazine, The London Show will also include a celebration of Aston Martin in partnership with EFG International, an exhibition of Sir Stirling Moss’ most iconic single-seater competition cars and a star-studded Interview Stage featuring Ross Brawn OBE, Ant Anstead and David Brabham among a host of other celebrity guests from the world of motoring and motorsport.
Tickets for Classic & Sports Car – The London Show are now on sale, visit www.classicandsportscarshow.com or call 0844 581 1275 to book yours.